There are so many different fencing materials on the market today; it can be difficult to decide which type of fencing makes the most sense for you and your family. One type of material that you may not have considered, but should, is aluminum. This type of fencing is not only attractive, but offers a number of other benefits as well.
Benefits of an aluminum fence
1. Cost-effective. Aluminum fencing offers a similar look to traditional cast iron fencing at a fraction of the cost. While iron fencing is hand-forged and, thus, very labor-intensive to create, aluminum fencing can be manufactured by machines.
2. Low maintenance. Wooden fencing needs to be re-painted or re-stained every few years. Iron fencing can rust if not keep painted and in good repair. Unlike either of these, aluminum fencing holds its finish for years without more than a light brush or spray with a hose. This type of fencing is made with a powder coating finish that fuses the color with the aluminum itself, so you don't have to worry about paint flaking off or peeling.
3. Versatility. Aluminum fencing goes well with most any style of house. This type of fencing is available in a variety of designs and in colors from gray to mauve to forest green to black.
4. Better security. While wooden fences can be scaled without much effort and chain link fences can be easily cut with a bolt cutter to gain access to your property, an aluminum fence is much more difficult to compromise. This is especially true if you opt to install spear-like finials atop the fence posts.
5. Water and bug-resistant. Wooden fencing can be attractive to colonies of destructive bugs like termites. Such fencing can also warp or rot at the soil line after repeated exposure to rain, sleet and snow. Aluminum fencing is impervious to most anything that Mother Nature can throw at it.
6. Adapts well to sloping terrain. If your yard is less than flat, aluminum fencing will adapt better to your yard than iron fencing. Aluminum can be cut to fit the grade of the slope, eliminating the big gaps you'd have with an iron fence.
While an aluminum fence may not be the right choice for every family and every property, this type of fencing is attractive, requires little maintenance and adapts well to most any architectural style or landscaping design. Talk to places like Holman Fence LLC for more information.
I love my dog, but my dog loves my neighbor's yard. My adopted Labrador needs hours of playtime each day to stay fit, but she used to be a master of escaping no matter how close of an eye I kept on her. After a few too many holes dug in flower beds, I splurged on a tall chain link fence and finally ended her romps on other properties. Now my neighbors smile and wave when we meet in our shared driveway instead of giving me a wary look. Sharing my new found love for fences is just one way I hope to give back to others.